No matter what your reason for looking to get more protein into your diet, there are many ways to do it. Even though there are plenty of protein rich foods out there for all diet types, sometimes you just want a simple and delicious way to get more protein. If you are tired of eating endless chicken breasts or tofu, incorporating protein shakes into your diet may right for you.
While protein shakes are a great way to get more protein, they are not all created equal. Putting a little effort into your shake can make sure you look forward to your daily protein shake. There are tons of protein shake recipes out there and it can be difficult to settle on one to try. To help you get right to the point, we scoured the internet to find 5 incredible protein shake recipes for you to try.
5 Incredible Protein Shake Recipes
1. Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake
If you are looking to get your chocolate and peanut butter fix, this protein shake recipe would be a great way to do it. With peanut butter, honey, bananas, and chocolate protein powder, this shake will give you a delicious boost after your workout, before you head out the door in the morning, or any other time you need it!
2. Strawberry Almond Milk Protein ShakeThis strawberry protein shake made with almond milk is a great way to start your day. This recipe is simple to make, low in carbs, and can be made with a fruit of your choice if strawberries aren’t your favorite. If you want to make it extra refreshing after a tough workout or on a hot day, add a handful of ice to the mix!
3. Snickers Protein ShakeEating healthy can be tough! Sometimes your meal plan calls for a healthy protein packed meal, but your cravings call for a candy bar. With this Snickers protein shake recipe, you can have the best of both worlds. It does call for some ingredients you may not have around the house, such as caramel extract, but if you’ve got the ingredients this is a protein shake you will want to make again and again!
4. Vanilla Almond Protein Shake
If you’re a vanilla fan you’re going to love this recipe. With banana, some Psyllium husk, and almond butter, this vanilla shake is thick and creamy to the point you will think you’re drinking cake batter. If you want to make it extra protein packed, add some additional protein power to the mix!
5. Iced Coffee Protein Shake
Is protein alone not going to give you the boost you need? Then add some coffee! This simple iced coffee protein shake recipe is filling, energizing, and has a refreshing iced coffee flavor. This is a great recipe to get your day started with or to keep you going after a mid-day workout.
If you haven’t made too many protein shakes before, there is no need to worry. This list of protein shake recipes will help you get started with some easy to follow recipes. Protein shake recipes are extremely easy to alter, so if you see an ingredient you aren’t a big fan of just swap it out!